Monday, August 24, 2009

She's a First grader...


Wow...This morning began REAL early (at least for the Mueller girls) this morning.

Today marked the first day of school for a certain FIRST GRADER. That's right, Miss Madeline Paige started first grade today. She was very excited and VERY nervous. I have to admit it's going to be a little strange not having her at home for part of the day. Macy is really going to miss having her around to play with. Mommy will have to be her playmate and she doesn't think I'm as fun as Madeline.

I woke Madeline up at 6:15 so she could shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, get her hair dried and fixed, take "first day of school" pictures, and say her goodbyes to daddy (hubs stayed home with Macy while I took Madeline to school). I was worried that trying to get her up this morning was going to be hard, however, I think it was harder to get myself out of bed. Madeline usually sleeps for another 3-4 hours. I bet she is one tired girl when she gets home from school today. I can't wait to hear all about her first day.

She was most nervous about eating in the cafeteria. Some of her older friends have warned her about how MEAN the lunch lady is. I told her, do what you are supposed to and there will be no worries. She eats lunch at 10:30. That's what time she is used to eating breakfast. I'd better have a snack ready when she gets home today.

You should have seen her last night after we got home from church trying to decide just what outfit would be the PERFECT first day outfit. After laying SEVERAL out she finally decided on just the right one. I think she looks like a cute little school girl.

I know that the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are wanting to see her on her first day...So here she is.....The BIG FIRST GRADER!!!


Looking so grown up.


Madeline and Daddy.



Madeline and Mommy.



I can't believe she's old enough to go to school ALL DAY.


Sitting in her desk...Looking a little unsure of what's about to happen.


I've been praying since school let out last year that she would have a great first grade year. I pray that she will make more new friends, have a wonderful Godly teacher (we had the best last year), and that she would learn lots and have fun while doing it. We'll keep you posted.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
On another note, Many have asked how Macy is doing since being diagnosed with Swine flu. She was sick for a good week but recovered quickly and is back to 100%. We spent a few days at the beach in Galveston again last week. She didn't want to leave. Thank you for your prayers and concern for her. It's no fun for mommy or child when they are sick. I'm still trying to play catch up on all the sleepless nights we got.

Also, I haven't forgotten about the BIG POST that I have been telling you all about. I'm hoping to post this AMAZING story on Friday of this week..So check back, you will not want to miss it. It's another story of how GREAT our GOD is.

Hope you all have had a nice summer. I love the heat but must admit I'm ready for the Fall FOOTBALL weather. Hope all your BACK TO SCHOOL transitions were easy and that all your kiddos, grand kiddos have a GREAT year.

1 comments:

Chell said...

Adorable pics! I can't believe how grown up she looks (and is)! Glad to hear Macy is doing better and made a full recovery!