Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moving On and a New look....

Hope you all enjoyed the last post. I know it was still SUPER long but I didn't want to leave anything out. The girls and I, along with my neighbor and her daughter are planning one last trip to Galveston for the summer before school starts. We are excited to head to the beach again.
Ok, so moving on. The next big event in our household was that the girls went and spent an ENTIRE 8 days with my parents in Oklahoma. That's right, I had a whole week BY MYSELF. We got back from the beach on a Friday and met my parents half way to drop the little darlings off to them on Sunday. They had a wonderful time with Papa and Nana. It sounds like my parents had a BLAST with them too. This was the first time and longest we have been without BOTH girls. I was able to go to dinner, shopping, lay by the pool, sleep all day if I wanted, eat when I wanted and what I wanted, watch MY movies all day, and most importantly, I got to take a hot bubble bath with NO kids playing in my water. HA! Hubs and I really enjoyed our time together but REALLY missed our girlie's. While they were in Oklahoma they swam EVERYDAY, played with cousins, went to the movies, earned some money helping Nana clean, and played with Papa and Nana's new puppy Posey.


Isn't she a cutie?

We went to pick the girls up the following Sunday. We all started crying when we were reunited. I think Madeline REALLY missed us. Macy, umm, not so much. She would have been fine to go back to Oklahoma with Papa and Nana. I believe Papa and Nana needed at least a week to recover. Thank you again SO MUCH mom and dad for taking the girls.

Sunday when we got back from Oklahoma picking the girls up we had just enough time to unpack their bags, grab a bite to eat, and then head up to the church for VBS. I worked with the kindergartners (going into 1st grade). We had a BLAST. The girls both had a great time and look forward to next year. VBS ended the month for June for us.

July came on and boy did it start out HOT!! Hubs and I, along with 4 other couples from our church went to a Texas Rangers game on July 3rd. Man, was it ever HOT there. I think I sweat off around 10,000 calories only to put it all right back on in ballpark food. Why is it that hot dogs and nachos taste SO MUCH better at the ballpark? YUM!! The Rangers won which made it all worth the sweat. After the game they had a huge fireworks show. Can't wait to do it again soon.

That's where I'll stop for now. We are ALMOST caught up hoping to never get behind again..HA!! Famous last words....

Before I leave....

Today (July 28th) marks a special day in our lives. This is the day that our 2nd child was due to be born 4 years ago. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my sweet baby. If you want to read more about my story you can go here.

To my sweet baby,

We miss you! We love you! Not a day goes by that I don't think about you. You would be 4. Getting ready to start Pre-K. You would be learning to write your name, learning your numbers, beginning reading and so much more.I wanted you to know that I got a special charm bracelet for Christmas and on it I have a little angel, that's you. You are with me always. I look at it and smile thinking about you running around with all the other children in Heaven. I can't wait for the day when I get to see you again and for you to get to meet your WONDERFUL sisters. You are going to love them. Continue having the fun your having and we'll see you again someday.

I love you,
Mommy

0 comments: