Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A BIG update is in order.....

Let see where I left off.....

Oh yeah, back when I was only NINETEEN weeks pregnant. It's been A LONG time since I've blogged. I was hoping to do so much better at this and document so much of my pregnancy with Hallie but that didn't happen. Life did instead.

I'll see if I can get you all caught up. (WARNING: This could be a VERY long post).

The second half of my pregnancy was for the most part pretty uneventful. I continued to go to my monthly appointments and each time got the, "Everything looks and sounds great." I was gaining weight just as I should, Hallie was growing right on track, and I was feeling great with lots of energy.
At about 32 weeks the dr. wanted to do an ultrasound just to check in on Miss Hallie. She was measuring about 2 weeks bigger. He said we'd do another ultrasound in 4 weeks to see if she was still bigger and then we would decide our plan of action at that point. At 35 weeks, I was at my parents house with the girls swimming and I slipped on the wet tile inside the house. I was ok and it wasn't that hard of a fall. However, about 4 hours later I began having contractions and they weren't stopping. I was told to go to labor and delivery and just get checked out. Mainly for the fact that since I am O neg they wanted to make sure that none of my blood cells had "gotten loose" where they could potentially affect Hallie. I was given a shot and LOTS of IV fluids to slow the contractions. They also did the blood test to make sure the above hadn't happen and thankfully it hadn't. After about 5 hours at the hospital, my contractions slowed and I was able to go home. We did another ultrasound at 36 weeks and little miss was still measuring big (however my belly was measuring right on track). I knew she was bigger because when she kicked and moved it would literally take my breathe away. She had NO room in there. Everything went routine until 37 weeks when the contractions started again and I ended up back in the hospital. They were still not close enough together to make me go into full active labor so after being watched again I was sent back home. I saw my OB the next week and we decided that I would not go past 39 weeks due to the fear of her being too big.
My doctor was out of town the next week and they were having a difficult time finding a date that the hospital could fit me in for an induction. Of course, I was still hoping I'd go on my own. I was told originally that I couldn't come in until July 29 which was just 2 days away from my original due date. I began to cry and tell the nurse I had a fear of the baby getting too big and me ending up having a C-section. I think she felt bad because she called me back the next day and said be at the hospital July 24th at 11:00. (39 weeks exactly).
We showed up that Sunday morning ready and anxious to meet our third baby girl. Her big sisters were so excited to FINALLY get to meet their new baby sister. We checked in and got straight to our room. They got the IV in and began the pitocin at a little after noon. I was at 3cm when I got to the hospital. My dr. was still out of town but on his way back and hoped to be here by the time she arrived. One of his colleagues came in and broke my water at 12:45. I was contracting pretty good by this point. I had finally had all I could take and asked to get my epidural. The anesthesiologist came in at 2:30 and made my life so much more tolerable, or so I thought. I was still feeling all the HEAVY contractions on the right side of my body. I was in so much pain that the nurse called him to come back and give me more. Apparently the epidural had gone more to one side and therefore the other wasn't getting enough. He pulled it out just a bit and gave me some in my IV. Within 30 minutes, I was feeling NOTHING. My legs were so heavy I could finally relax. I was now in HEAVEN on earth. The nurse decided to check me once again at 5:00 and when she did I was complete and ready. They had me do one push to see how good I would do. She told me to push NO more that they needed to call my dr. who had just gotten back into town, THANK GOD!! My dr. walked in at 5:15 got "suited up" and was ready to start the show. I pushed 3 times and she was here. She arrived at 5:25 pm. All 8 pounds 15 ounces of her. She was a BIG baby. Thank God I didn't have to go any longer or I would have had a 9.5 pound baby. She was so beautiful and looked just like her oldest sister (just a pound and a half bigger).

Tipping the scales:

Mommy and Hallie meeting for the very first time. I'm so in love.

Big sister Macy and Hallie meet for the first time. All she wanted to do was hold her ALL THE TIME!!

Biggest sister Madeline and Hallie. She is the best big sister. She's like her second mommy.

Our first family picture of the FIVE of us. We are so blessed.

We spent two days in the hospital loving and adjusting to life with THREE kids. The girls couldn't wait to come up and see their baby sister, eat all my snacks, and get ice from the ice machine across the hall from my room. We had several visitors but it was mostly quiet and relaxing, which was good because we really got to bond with Hallie.
Here's a look at our days in the hospital.

This is what it looked like most of the time. If one of the girls wasn't in my bed with me, it was two if not all three. HA!!

I love this picture. You can see just how much Macy adores her new baby sister.

Look at those cheeks. They got LOTS of kisses.

All dressed up ready to take her hospital pictures.

The first picture with all three girls together. Aren't they beautiful?

Hallie beautiful.

All dressed up and ready to go home. We were SO excited to bring her home. I really missed the other two and couldn't wait to get home too.

All ready to go. Madeline is the photographer so she's missing from the picture.

Waiting on daddy to get the car.

I think that is enough for one post. I will update what's been going on over the next 4 months. LOTS.


Alyson said...

Welcome back, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hallie is absolutely beautiful and you can sure tell her big sisters love her a lot! Can't wait to hear more! Merry Christmas!