Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Disciple Now and Prayer

As some of you know this past weekend was spent with the youth at our church doing Disciple Now. Those of you that don't know what that is, it's a weekend where the youth spend time in a "host family" home for the entire weekend. They have a discussion leader that leads all the discussions each evening, they have recreational activities at the church, a photo scavengar hunt, we collected canned foods for the church food pantry, and they had a special speaker that lead the worship and teachings for the entire weekend. They were a couple Todd and Angela from Park View Baptist in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It was a very rewarding weekend for me. It's always fun spending a full weekend praising God and listening to his Word, I look forward to doing it again next year.
Now for the prayer part of the title. I have a friend of mine and his wife (Chad and Kelly) in Oklahoma City that had a baby boy April 8th. He was born with Hypoplastic Left Ventricle and had his first Open heart surgery yesterday morning. I haven't heard what the results or outcome of this surgery was yet but I do know that the next 48 hours are VERY CRITICAL. Please lift this family up in prayer. They are facing a very difficult time ahead of them and need prayer more than ever. Chad is a youth minister at a church in North Oklahoma City. They are a Godly couple who are relying on God more than ever right now. Please Pray for them.
As for our family. We are doing well. Macy decided (or should I say her skin) that it wanted to break out in SEVERE eczema. This poor child and her skin. So we are lathering her in her antibiotic cream and keeping her away from any perfumed lotions, soaps, etc. I have been feeling ok. My back is still bothering me some and I have PT two more days this week. YEAH! I don't mention much about Brad on here because he really is kinda boring (in a good way). He pretty much goes to work (which we are thankful for) and comes home to play and relax. Every morning when I go in to get Macy up, she says, "Where Daddy go? He go work. Bye, bye daddy!" In that order before I can get a word out. She loves her daddy
That's all I have for now...Have a good rest of the week...

0 comments: